IT Senior Project Manager
- Develop and manage project plans, including defining project scope, objectives, deliverables, and timelines. Identify and document project requirements, risks, and dependencies.
- Communicate and collaborate with project stakeholders, including clients, team members, and senior management, to ensure a shared understanding of project goals, progress, and expectations. Manage stakeholder expectations and ensure effective communication channels.
- Lead and motivate project teams, assigning tasks and responsibilities, and providing guidance and support throughout the project lifecycle. Foster a collaborative and positive work environment to maximize team productivity and performance.
- Identify and allocate project resources, including personnel, budget, and equipment, to ensure project tasks are effectively and efficiently executed. Monitor resource utilization and adjust as needed.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues. Develop risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans to minimize project disruptions. Regularly monitor and report on project risks and issues to stakeholders.
- Establish and enforce quality standards for project deliverables. Conduct regular quality reviews to ensure that project outcomes meet defined requirements and expectations.
- Develop and manage project budgets, tracking expenses and ensuring cost control throughout the project. Provide regular financial reports to stakeholders.
- Monitor project progress, tracking key milestones and deliverables. Prepare and present regular project status reports to stakeholders, highlighting progress, risks, and issues.
- Manage project changes, including assessing change requests, evaluating their impact on project scope, timelines, and resources, and implementing approved changes while maintaining project goals.
- Coordinate the successful closure of projects, including conducting post-project evaluations, capturing lessons learned, and documenting best practices for future reference.
Education and Experience Required
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven experience as an IT Project Manager, with a track record of successfully delivering complex projects on time and within budget. Experience in managing IT-related projects is essential.
- In-depth experience with Jira/Confluence/MS Office tools
- Possessing a recognized project management certification, such as Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 is an asset
- Strong understanding of information technology concepts, systems, and methodologies. Familiarity with software development lifecycle (SDLC), infrastructure management, and IT service management (ITSM).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders. Strong presentation and negotiation skills are also essential.
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage cross-functional project teams. Experience in agile methodologies and leading agile teams is a plus. • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve project related issues and risks.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in identifying and managing project risks and issues. Experience in developing risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- The ability to adapt to changing project requirements and priorities, demonstrating flexibility and resilience in a dynamic work environment.
Decision Making and Supervision
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and recommendations requiring analysis and interpretation within established procedures.
- Generally comfortable working conditions.
- Moderate visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Must be willing to accept minimal travel to national and international locations.
- Occasional overtime required.
The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).
At Telesat, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer that values equality in the workplace. We are committed to providing the best candidate experience possible including any required accommodations at every stage of our interview process. All qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview that require accommodations, are advised to inform the Telesat Talent team accordingly. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential.