IT Business Analyst
- Gather and analyze business requirements from various stakeholders, including managers, users, and IT teams.
- Identify and document business processes, workflows, and system requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement information systems solutions.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses to evaluate potential solutions and recommend the most effective course of action.
- Define and document system specifications, including user interface requirements, data models, and functional specifications.
- Assist in the development and execution of test plans, ensuring the quality and accuracy of implemented solutions.
- Provide support and training to end-users to ensure successful adoption and optimal utilization of implemented systems.
- Monitor system performance and conduct regular reviews to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Stay updated on industry trends and advancements in technology to recommend innovative solutions that enhance business processes.
- Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 5+ years' experience in a similar role
- In-depth experience with Jira/Confluence/MS Office tools
- Experience working in cross-functional technical teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in dealing with clients, internal and external stakeholders, senior management and staff
- Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience with small, high-performing teams
- A team player, collaborative and independently driven
- Must demonstrate a flexible, open-minded attitude and have strong interpersonal skills
- Experience effectively leading meetings and facilitating groups to reach consensus
- Experience as a business analyst or agile product owner for large scale enterprise application development and/or customer web application development
- Experience in the Telecom BSS functional area is an asset
- Bilingual in English and French an asset
DECISION MAKING & SUPERVISION:
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Make decisions and recommendations requiring analysis and interpretation within established procedures.
- Generally comfortable working conditions.
- Moderate visual concentration in use of video display terminal.
- Must be willing to accept minimal travel to national and international locations.
- Occasional overtime required
- The successful candidate must be able to work in Canada and obtain clearance under the Canadian Controlled Goods program (CGP).
At Telesat, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer that values equality in the workplace. We are committed to providing the best candidate experience possible including any required accommodations at every stage of our interview process. All qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview that require accommodations, are advised to inform the Telesat Talent team accordingly. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential.