Concur, Account Executive - Small Business
We help the world run better
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from.Apply now!
SAP Concur is seeking a proven sales professional to prospect and sell directly to SMB companies via the telephone, internet presentations and some travel in a defined geographic territory. The Sales representative will be responsible for the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through booked sale. We are looking for a seasoned, aggressive, success-oriented individual with a proven record of exceeding sales targets, a high level of commitment and a strong desire to be part of a top-notch sales team. Position reports to the Regional Sales Director.
- Achieve sales objectives through sales to new customers and sales of additional services to existing customers.
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
- Work with pre-sales team when technical or product support is required.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about SAP Concur’s products and services.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the territory, marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position.
- Use effective time and territory management to maximize results.
- Develop and maintain relationships with SAP Concur partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs, coordinating and organizing input from multiple sources within SAP Concur.
- Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout SAP Concur to help meet company objectives.
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regard to product, selling, competitive, etc. matters.
- Interacts with sales, marketing and external customers.
- Operates under moderate supervision with frequent reviews of work.
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training required:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of successful B2B sales experience with a strong emphasis on acquiring new customers
- Experience to selling to “C” level Executives
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas
- Consultative, solution based sales methodology
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence
- Knowledge of B2B marketing
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions is a strong plus
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent PC and Internet skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook, sales force automation tools and web presentation applications (Webex, Placeware, etc.)
- Job involves up to 30% travel
Critical Performance Competencies:
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to situation while maintaining positive relationships
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships with associates and customers
- Effectively transfers thoughts and expresses ideas using speech, and listening skills to influences others and gain support
- Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements
- Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or set backs
- Competitive, high achiever
- Holds self-accountable for results
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure
Bringing people together changes everything.