This job is no longer accepting applications.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to join us in building the future of EdTech and ultimately help students find success throughout their education journey. As a Product Manager, you will play a critical role in defining, communicating, and executing the product vision and strategy across a variety of product areas. Our PMs work across multiple functional groups to define and deliver new products and features, as well as identify opportunities to improve. As a member of the Product team you will be a leader invision, align and ultimately drive your team to bring products to market that make a difference.
- Own the strategic roadmap for your domain, continuously critiquing the direction and delivery of key initiatives
- Identify new initiatives that improve customer experience and drive growth, prioritizing them, moving them through concept phases and socializing with key stakeholders
- Work closely with your Engineering, Design and Data Science counterparts to translate the product roadmap into detailed requirements and prototypes ready for execution
- Be a champion in defining and measuring the impact of your product through data and sentiment analysis
- Acts as a product evangelist to build awareness and alignment company wide
- Drive product launches alongside Marketing, Executives, and other product management team members
- 4+ years experience as a Product Manager building customer-impactful products at software company
- Experience building products from the ground up; from ideation to launch and beyond
- Understanding of products within a multi-sided marketplace
- Solid technical understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development life cycle, web technologies and agile methodologies
- Proven ability to develop product strategies, effectively communicating recommendations to senior leadership teams
- Strong ability to explore an ambiguous problem space, identify user segmentation, related opportunities, and prioritize solutions
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
What we Offer
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.