This job is no longer accepting applications.
At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision - to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom diversify their campuses.
As a Product Owner, you are a critical part of the Product team and will be responsible for driving our product success. You will play an integral role in building and executing the roadmap that will have an impact on thousands around the world.
You will work closely with a world-class cross functional team to manage the full product lifecycle, from problem identification to product launch. Our Product Owners are passionate about the intersection of user need, design and technology with a knack for simplifying complex problems into elegant solutions that ship!
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Work closely with the product team, your POD as well as internal and external stakeholders to discover and prioritize high-level opportunities into an actionable roadmap
- Lead your POD in defining, grooming and executing on the backlog with a focus on launching measurable, user-impacting, features
- Participate in and/or lead ideation workshops to ensure you are continually discovering and prioritizing the most important features
- Roll up your sleeves and lead your POD, continually aligning everyone to your mission, writing awesomely clear and actionable epics & stories, being a champion in daily standups, sprint planning & sprint retrospective meetings, etc.
- Collaborate closely Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Designers
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Owner or similar roles
- Experience with the entire product development life cycle
- Experience with tools such as JIRA and familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Data-driven with experience using tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Looker, or equivalent
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and overall project management skills
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
· Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
· Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
· Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In May 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.