Engineering Manager - Recruitment and Channel Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision - to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom diversify their campuses.
As part of the Recruitment and Channel Management team, your mission is help provide services and capabilities that help drive growth and profitability to our Recruitment Partners.
Your team will do this by delivering tools for recruitment partners to assist them with managing their student funnel as well as providing insights into their funnel. Your team will also help deliver ApplyBoard’s sales and sales management teams with tools and integrations to help manage the Recruitment Partners and Recruitment Partner funnels.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Lead multiple engineering teams at ApplyBoard by example in the practice and promotion of excellence in software engineering
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your teams build.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Management of staffing, mentoring, growing, and maintaining a best-of-class software engineering team.
- Participation in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team
- Work closely with others in a cross-functional team to deliver high-quality software
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience leading teams as a manager or team lead
- A history of establishing teams by developing leaders and recruiting exceptional talent
- Excellent communication skills and a history of working with various internal and external stakeholders
- Strong experience with agile methodologies of software development
- Experience and passion advocating for and mentoring others in software development best practices appropriate for the domain
- Knowledge of a variety of programming paradigms and languages, design patterns, tech stacks and frameworks - and the trade-offs entailed in choosing among them
- A high level of skill and craftsmanship in building software that stands the test of time
- Ability to explain and defend an informed opinion while maintaining an open mind
- A love of learning, a constant drive for self-improvement and a desire to help everyone be better
Ideally, you also have experience with some of:
- Ruby, Rails, React, Typescript
- Developing and maintaining products that are used by many thousands or millions of people
- EdTech, eCommerce, or content-management software
- Relational databases, ORM frameworks, and their alternatives
- Microservices or SOA; RESTful APIs, JSON
- Kafka, Amazon MQ, RabbitMQ or similar streaming or messaging systems
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ELK stack
- DevOps, Observability, Infrastructure as Code
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
· Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
· Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
· Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In May 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.