Sr. Software Engineer- Full Stack
Kitchener, ON, Canada
At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision - to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom to diversify their campuses.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Sr. Full-Stack Engineer to join our R & D Team to bring a new product to life!
The Sr. Full-Stack Software Engineer will join our growing R & D Team in order to design and develop UX/UI and backend services to be used by our clients and partners running in the cloud and on-premise. This is a unique opportunity to bring a concept to life, to own the direction and success of this concept, and work in close collaboration with a number of teams, to deliver it from a prototype to a product.
This role will require great communication skills working in close collaboration with The Product Team and business stakeholders to provide application solutions. This role requires deep knowledge and experience in API and UX/UI best practices to select the most appropriate design, process and method to meet the enterprise and business needs. Experience in Hubspot integration, dashboard design/development, and data architecture is important.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Apply agile development principles to build organized and versatile code
- Comfort in owning the development of a product from its earliest prototypes to product execution
- Learn, understand and implement the concepts of Test/Behavior Driven Development
- Building highly functional web applications using MEAN stack, leveraging RESTful APIs on the backend
- Have a passion for innovative technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ and various cloud technologies
- Feel comfortable using different database technologies like Aurora, RDS, ElasticSearch, MongoDB and MySQL
- Document and test code to ensure the quality of the completed work requirement
- Avoid cumbersome solutions through diligent research, experimentation, and testing
- Design enhancements to improve efficiency and streamline the business process as well as the development process
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant field
- Minimum 4 years experience of front-end development
- Experience bringing new products through an entire lifecycle
- Experience writing RESTful API endpoints using JSON
- Experience developing production level Ruby on Rails applications
- Fluency in Object Oriented Design and software design patterns: understanding common design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience building web apps using MEAN stack
- Fluency in Git, shell scripting, Linux or macOS
- Experience designing and building dashboards
- Startup experience is useful
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement. Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languagesMake a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
Want to learn more about Life at ApplyBoard? Check out this video, and be sure to follow us on our Life at ApplyBoard Instagram.
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In May 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Your application has been successfully submitted.