Data Product Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At ApplyBoard, we are building a movement - an education revolution. We’re building a world where anyone, anywhere can have access to the best education regardless of where they were born. At our core, we believe education is a right, not a privilege. To that end, we’re building a company and a suite of products to lead the charge in transforming access to education.
We are a company with an ambitious vision - to educate the world. Since our founding in 2015, we have supported more than 100,000 students with their education journey and work with 1,200+ educational institutions across Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom diversify their campuses.
As a part of Data Science team you will be responsible for converting the initiative of being data driven into data products for internal and external users. These products will vary from operational dashboards to ML/AI based models leveraging the wealth of data at ApplyBoard .
What you’ll be doing every day:
- Build data product roadmaps with designated KPIs and success metrics
- Build Business intelligence based products as well as ML/AI based products
- Use data to build internal tools and improve processes to establish a sustained competitive advantage for ApplyBoard
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to guarantee the fulfillment of the products roadmap
- Ability to help the data science team with planning, resource management, and resource allocation
- Manage data products lifecycle
- Stakeholder management and internal alignment
- Lead internal discussion on data product discovery, planing, and what success looks like
- Become a subject matter expert of all matters related to data products within ApplyBoard
- Support the AB’s product management team to integrate Data products on the company’s platform
- Work closely to different engineering functions to make sure that all dependencies for the data science projects are identified and resolved
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years product management or project management experience with one year in a data & analytics related role.
- Work experience in business analytics and working closely with a data science team
- Demonstrable project/Product management skills
- Have experience with BI dashboards, ML model productization, and data science projects
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders to gather requirements, collect feedback, and implement task prioritization
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team based in Waterloo and Toronto
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Life at ApplyBoard:
By joining our team, you have the opportunity to:
· Join the fastest-growing technology company in Canada, with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
· Work alongside a globally diverse team of over 500 team members based in 18 countries, who represent over 30 nationalities and speak more than 40 languages
· Make a difference in the lives of thousands of students as they explore educational opportunities
Hear our engineers share stories about their life at ApplyBoard
ApplyBoard simplifies the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process by connecting international students, recruitment partners, and academic institutions on one platform. To date, ApplyBoard has become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list. In May 2020, ApplyBoard announced a C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ status. This funding will allow us to further invest in our technology, grow our team, and serve more students on our mission to educate the world.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard. Please note that only qualified applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we provide equal opportunity to applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application and/or during the interview process, please notify the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com. Requests will be addressed confidentially.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.