Content Research Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
We are looking for a detailed oriented, customer centric and creative Content Research Specialist to join our growing Customer Experience team and take our company and platform to the next level!
- Review legal contracts to ensure partner schools are promoted accordingly
- Conduct research to extract program and school requirements
- Review data for deficiencies and update information in response to research findings
- Collate, verify accuracy, and sort both external and internal information to prepare for computer entry
- Work with ApplyBoard’s partner schools (emails, calls, meetings) to build relationships, clarify, verify, and resolve ambiguities and ensure school and specific program requirements are detailed and consistent
- Clarify processes when required
- Create school pages, program web pages, write descriptions, and categorize programs to accurately represent partner schools
- Communicate school information across appropriate teams within ApplyBoard
- Work cross functionally to respond to program and school inquiries and requests
- Participate in partner school information sessions and workshops
- Assist team leads and management to provide feedback for process improvement
- Proficiency in proofreading/editing text to ensure spelling and grammatical precision
- Experience or education in qualitative research methods preferred
- Working knowledge of Google spreadsheets, Microsoft Word and Gmail
- Flexible and adaptable; someone who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Aptitude for prioritizing tasks with an attention to detail
- Ability to work independently to complete data entry tasks and maintain up-to-date records of program requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally to ensure information consistency and quality
- Adept researching and problem-solving capabilities
- Associates or Bachelor's degree an asset
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.