Marketing Specialist - Partner School and Markets
Kitchener, ON, Canada
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey. By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic Marketing Specialist to join our Demand Generation team. In this role, you’ll own the planning and execution of marketing programs focused on promoting and generating demand for ApplyBoard’s partner schools and destination countries. You will help the team drive the pipeline through creative marketing tactics, campaigns and programs. You’ll manage a program calendar, execute integrated campaigns, track results, and optimize campaign performance to accelerate sales growth. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is comfortable planning and executing a range of marketing initiatives.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all schools and destination-focused marketing programs and initiatives to support our International Recruitment Managers and recruitment partners, including but not limited to handouts, presentations, blogs, emails, videos, webinars, website pages, and social campaigns
- Develop promotional materials and activities, such as flyers, blogs and email campaigns, to promote ApplyBoard’s partner schools, and collaborate with other members of the marketing team, to develop supporting assets, such as graphics, videos and social campaigns
- Create and coordinate the creation of all marketing materials and activities to raise awareness and interest in ApplyBoard’s study destinations (countries, state/provinces, cities), including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, and other countries through expansion
- Own all marketing activities to support ApplyBoard’s expansion into new study destinations, including project management, the delegation of tasks, and creating/assisting in the creation of supporting marketing materials
- Align strategies and initiatives with annual sales plans, marketing plans, and company goals
- Collaborate with the Demand Generation Managers to create innovative regional promotions for schools and markets to recruitment partners and students
- Assist with outreach to prospective school partners through the development of multi-touch/multi-channel programs as assigned including emails, pitch decks, and materials
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key contacts and marketing personnel at ApplyBoard’s partner schools
- Develop a deep understanding of ApplyBoard’s core markets and the education system within them, facilitating knowledge transfer as a subject matter expert Monitor performance by providing key insights and best practices to the team through measurement and reporting
- Other tasks as assigned
- 3+ years of marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably at a high-growth technology company
- A degree or diploma in marketing, business administration, or a related field
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of developing multi-channel creative campaigns that yield results
- Experience planning, implementing, and executing prospecting, sales enablement and promotional marketing programs
- Demonstrated experience using marketing automation tools, design software/programs, and GSuite
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and maintain relationships Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A highly analytical approach to reporting and analyzing performance metrics with a focus on continuous improvement and optimization
- Demonstrated time management and multi-tasking skills resulting in the ability to hit aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in an independent work environment with the ability to problem-solve and manage
- Ability to work well under pressure while producing high-quality work
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to jump in and help team members as needed to achieve desired results
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.