Kitchener, ON, Canada
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey. By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
Applyboard is looking for a Data Analyst to join our Continuous Improvement team! As a Data Analyst, you will be creating and maintaining reports to support our teams and facilitate their workflow.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to identify and map the key metrics
- Create, update and maintain reports and dashboards using SQL and Analytics tools
- Interpret and analyze the data to identify and communicate opportunities for improvement
- Optimize reports and dashboards for performance and usability
- Collaborate in maintaining database and data collection systems through data cleaning, editing and mining operations
- Perform routine updates using Web-based APIs
- Collaborate in building and managing automated integrations, workflows and data pipelines
- Serve as a go-to person for questions about our database and reports
- Degree in mathematics, statistics or equivalent professional experience
- Previous professional experience querying and analyzing data using SQL and Excel
- Experience building and maintaining reports and dashboards using various analytics tools such as Tableau, Mode, metabase, amplitude, mixpanel, etc.
- Experience using web-based APIs
- Demonstrated ability to learn, adapt, and solve problems
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Interested in automating and/or improving workflow
- Eager to learn!
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Highly competitive compensation package with stock options, great benefits, vacation and more to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.