Finance Analyst Global Business
Kitchener, ON, Canada
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
The Finance Analyst Global Business will be an important member of the ApplyBoard Corporate finance team. He/she will be responsible for all aspects of analysis to support ApplyBoard’s global businesses, and will report to the Finance Director in the Kitchener HQ office. He/she will also be expected to work directly with the VP Finance and other senior leaders on a regular basis. The individual will be responsible for weekly, monthly, and annual management reporting; identifying short term and long-term business trends, and quarterly/yearly forecasting and analysis processes; the main focus of the job is supporting business decisions through quantitative analysis. In addition to the core analytic responsibilities, the successful candidate will be responsible for proactive identification of analytic needs throughout the business around the world.
This demanding role requires a candidate who can quickly become familiar with the ApplyBoard business model in all markets and verticals, including the associated metrics. The successful candidate will be able to apply this knowledge to analyze specific issues. This position offers excellent personal and career development opportunities to the right candidate.
- Develop and produce weekly, monthly, quarterly reports based on business objectives
- Continuous improvement of existing reports
- Responsible for analyzing weekly reports on key top line metrics
- Identify and analyze critical business trends and monitor impact of key initiatives
- Drive the optimization of business growth and market share gain through analysis of key financial and business metrics
- Monitor the competitive environment through regular and ad-hoc analysis
- Ad-hoc report development
- Development of prototype reports for new, complex, or ill-defined business questions, and ensure report and data accuracy
- Prepare and present to executives in the company
- Support the business by being the internal expert on metrics and systems. Actively orient colleagues to the correct reports and systems to find necessary data.
- Document the user manual for preparing reports
- Assist with internal knowledge and best practice sharing
Education & Skills Required:
- University graduate with a strong academic record; accounting, finance or science background required.
- Superb attention to detail resulting in “0-defect” analysis
- Accounting qualification a plus, but not required
- Strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required (Excel including Pivot Tables, Access,
- PowerPoint, Outlook, Word); experience with Netsuite, Hyperion and Business Objects (or other database related software) a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken English required, other languages are a plus, but not required
Experience Required & Personal Characteristics:
- 4-8 years of prior work experience (e.g. as analyst in a strategy consulting firm or investment bank; financial analyst in a dynamic industry)
- Proactive and goal-oriented personality, good at juggling multiple tasks
- Strong self-management, able to work independently
- Sound business sense
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities
- Good people and communication skills, verbal and written
- Personal fit with ApplyBoard culture: adhering to the highest standard of integrity, high energy, sense of humor, friendly, team player
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of student’s lives every day
- To work with a brilliant and globally diverse team.
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.