Customer Experience Team Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey. By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
The Customer Experience Team Lead plays a crucial role in our Customer Experience department by directly managing people, providing instructions, guidance and support. Ensuring that new employees are on-boarded and enabled and that the team is properly trained and capable of performing day-to-day tasks.
- Oversee your team’s day-to-day activities
- Ensure that all tasks are completed and goals are met
- Train and coach team members
- Provide instructions, direction, or guidance to complete daily tasks
- Perform daily tasks and projects as needed
- Perform regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports
- Address performance issues working directly with the Manager
- Communicate any process improvement ideas to their Manager
- Prepare progress and status report to the Manager
- Participate in recruitment activitiesOn-board and train new employees
- 1-2 years experience in customer experience or account management
- 1-2 years experience managing people
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel/Sheets and the ability to analyze and report on data
- Experience using Google and Office Suites, Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat, Basecamp
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum Associates Degree (Bachelor Degree preferred)
- Experience with international travel or education documentation, considered an asset
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
- Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.