Customer Experience Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ApplyBoard is an online platform that empowers students around the world to access the best education. Founded in 2015, ApplyBoard has grown to become the world’s largest online platform for international student recruitment, assisting more than 100,000 students with their educational journey.
By connecting international students, recruitment partners, and educational institutions, we simplify the study abroad search, application, and acceptance process through our platform and services. To date, we have built partnerships with 1,200+ educational institutions in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom, and 4,000+ recruitment partners around the world. In 2019, ApplyBoard was named the fastest-growing technology company in Canada by Deloitte, ranking #1 on the Technology Fast 50™ list.
In May 2020, the company announced it successfully raised C$100M Series C funding on a C$2B valuation, reaching a ‘Unicorn’ valuation, allowing us to invest heavily in our technology, growing our team, and serving more customers.
Our team of over 500+ ApplyBoardians (and growing!) is just as diverse as the customers we support. Comprising 27 nationalities, 53 languages spoken, and 50/50 gender parity, diversity is fostered and celebrated on our team. The ApplyBoard headquarters is located in Kitchener, ON Canada, with representatives in 20 countries including India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Vietnam, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, and China.
The Customer Experience Manager will be directly reporting to the Customer Experience Director, and manage specialized CX Teams making sure that at any point in time their team is working in sync with other CX teams, as well as other ApplyBoard internal stakeholders (Partner Relations, Sales, Marketing, Dev). The CX Manger will be the advocate of seeing the big picture so we can make Customer Experience for our students, schools and recruiters the best possible.
- Developing processes to position team on achieving its goals and objectives
- Coach, teach and promote a positive team attitude to increase productivity of associated team members
- Staff Development Plan
- Ensure high retention of the team Developing enablement and cross training plans for the team
- Communicate across various ApplyBoard teams
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proven track record in building highly skilled customer service teams
- Direct experience in establishing and achieving goals and targets tied to Customer Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Strong knowledge in MS Excel/Smartsheets and ability to analyze and report on data
- Promoting positive attitude while working across different teams
- Verbal & Written Communication
- Student/Customer Orientation
- Problem solving/Good Judgement
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Google and Office Suites, Microsoft Access, Adobe Acrobat, Basecamp
- Minimum Associates Degree (Bachelor Degree preferred) 5+ years experience managing people
- Nice to have: Experience working with educational institutions
- Must have: +5 experience in customer experience or account management
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to have an impact on a product that is positively affecting change to thousands of students lives every day
- Working alongside a brilliant and globally diverse team that is the fastest growing in the Waterloo region
- Great compensation and benefits package to keep you healthy and happy!
Thank you for your interest in ApplyBoard, however, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
At ApplyBoard, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to educate the world by making education accessible.