Backend Game Developer
Montreal, QC, Canada
Not your first rodeo? Been working on servers for a few years now? Automation gets you super excited? You possess a strong technical background and have a high degree of appreciation for video games and how they are designed and built server side? You're laser-focused on the details yet manage to think beyond the current state of things.
Come chat with us! Kabam Montreal is looking for a Backend Game Developer to join our growing team!
Here’s what you can expect to do:
- General game development programming, including UI, debugging,
- Participate in development scheduling and hit deadlines for assigned tasks
- Implement well-architected systems that are robust, flexible and performant
- Implement core engine-level systems
- Prototype new gameplay ideas and concepts
- Work closely with the Technical Director and take technical feedback
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for:
- Practical experience authoring code and script in Angular and C# (C++ is an asset)
- Software engineering experience with server-based technologies
- Solid problem-solving skills
- A proven track record of collaborating and contributing within a dynamic team setting
- The ability to work independently on given tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition, it is nice to have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience of developing in a live service environment
- Proficiency in Unity3D, along with Unity GUI / NGUI frameworks
- Experience with SCM tools (Git / Jira )
- js and NoSQL experience (Ideally Node.js / MongoDB )
- Experience building synchronous multiplayer games.
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest mobile gaming trends
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in debugging, performance profiling and code analysis
- Experience working in Agile and similar project management methodologies.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start a conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.