Vancouver, BC, Canada
Calling all Gameplay Designers! Kabam designers are focused on making incredible experiences for millions of players (and counting!). We are looking for designers who are passionate about offering players amazing gameplay experiences and working with some of the best IPs in the business in a studio that values intentional design thinking.
As a Gameplay Designer, you see the world of gaming as so much more than a hobby. You’re excited by working cross-functionally, partnering closely with engineers, artists, and others.
We don’t just design games; we play them and love them, and we are fans of the IPs we work on.
As a Gameplay Designer you will:
- Create a lean set of accessible mechanics that, as a system, allow for discovery and years of engagement
- Design, implement, and balance action game mechanics to create engaging and satisfying gameplay dynamics
- Develop intuitive and responsive interfaces, including controls and camera systems, to strongly connect the player to the action
- Collaborate with animators, FX artists, UI and audio designers to create content and audiovisual feedback that makes players feel heroic
- Provide input on the game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
Your background includes:
- Experience in gameplay design on at least one shipped title, preferably free-to-play mobile
- Intellectual curiosity, logical thinking, and an intentional design process
- Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including: Scripting experience, Strong math skills, Spreadsheet wizardry
- A hunger for new, different, and exciting design challenges
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.