Quest Designer (6 month contract)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You find yourself dissecting level construction, encounter layouts, and reward systems. You’re highly intrigued by seeing how modifications you make to content change the “hows” and “whys” of player behaviour. You have a knack for storytelling and a passion for mobile games.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Quest Designer to join us! We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
This is a 6 month contract with the potential for extension or conversion.
You will contribute by:
- Designing and implementing quests, creating wonderful experiences for millions of players.
- Executing on a well-defined vision and goal, combining knowledge of level design, encounter design, and economy design to create experiences that entertain, serve an economic function, and condition player behaviour.
- Creating a variety of unique content types to reach a varied set of in-game and analytical goals, using creative design solutions both to meet intended targets and create fun for players.
- Working with the data team to follow up on the performance of quest content, to see if intent and goals were met, and effectively make tuning changes to accommodate gained knowledge and hit future targets.
- Collaborating with multiple disciplines on content creation, leveraging a variety of skills from the whole team to bring your quest vision to completion.
Your background includes:
- At least 1 year of in-studio game design experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with a preferred emphasis on game design.
- Familiarity with RPG, BCG, and action genres on mobile, PC, console, and pen-and-paper platforms.
- Considerable experience with Marvel Contest of Champions’ economy, gameplay and social features is a must! (aka, play the game!).
- Rock-solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, including documentation and presentation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and related spreadsheet software.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We strive to entertain the world by bringing amazing games to the palm of your hands, and we have fun while doing it.