Quality Assurance Manager
Vancouver, BC, Canada
You have a passion for mobile gaming and a love for testing. Along with your proactive work ethic, you have a team-oriented personality that will champion the quality review process in our games. With the intent to grow your skills in Quality Assurance, you are looking to build a career in the games industry.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join us in our Vancouver office.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You can expect to:
- Oversee multiple QA teams for the QA department, providing direction and priorities for QA leads and analysts assigned to those groups.
- Coordinate with the Senior QA leadership group to drive and improve the Certification and QA Engineering teams.
- Coordinate with Production and Project QA Leads to determine task priority for submitting builds to First Party partners.
- Drive the creation and execution of a Test Plan/Schedule for the multiple QA teams coordinating updates with each project.
- Be responsible for the Certification verification of deliverables as well as the successful testing and reporting of defects for the assigned project.
- Be responsible for the Automation testing and validation of deliverables as well as the successful testing and reporting of defects for the given project.
- Ensure that each project is receiving the appropriate level of staffing and testing coverage from internal QA.
- Communicate project status at regular intervals to a variety of audiences in a variety of formats.
- Effectively manage risks.
- Be responsible for the career development of individual QA Analysts.
- Promote a positive culture based on mutual respect, passion, and desire for growth.
- Advocate for a high-quality product; promotes a "quality first" approach to decision making.
- Provide input into hiring decisions.
- Create and coordinate meetings as necessary.
- Drive the assigned project to hit KPI targets.
- Work with IT to keep track of devices and testing hardware to ensure that each project gets the hardware support needed to ensure success.
Your background includes:
- Advanced QA methodologies and process knowledge.
- 8+ years in a QA/Dev Support role, including 3+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner with internal and external QA partners, as well as Development and Production.
- First Party Certification for Mobile or Console GamesStrong interest in video games.
- QA engineering a plus, experience with the following languages or platforms: Unity, Unreal, C#, Python, Ruby
- Sharp attention to detail, paired with a high level of integrity and work ethic.
- Agile experience is preferred.
- Strong desire to improve processes.
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively.
- Ability to remain focused in a team-oriented environment.
- Understanding of the software test cycle process.
- Experience and familiarity with mobile gaming platforms and the free-to-play genre.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Your application has been successfully submitted.