Level Designer II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Design and own game levels from concept to completion
- Work closely with the Design Lead and the Design team to ensure gameplay is consistent across all levels
- Maintain pacing, timing, sightlines and choke-points as key design elements when laying out levels
- Collaborate with the Art Director & Environment Artist to help establish environmental settings and aesthetics
- Work with Technical Artists and Engineering to help identify issues that may arise in development
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that levels are on time for delivery to production
- Implement gameplay using game engine editors and scripting tools
- Document and maintain level direction and production targets
- Actively participate in making recommendations on how to improve product quality and group productivity; providing support for team members while fostering positive communication through professional, supportive and prompt interactions
- A minimum of 2 years of game development experience in a design role on a shipped title
- Level design experience in a similar capacity within the video game industry
- Quantifiable knowledge of pipelines, pacing of multi-player maps and sightlines and visual blockers for tuning gameplay and performance
- Solid understanding of various game engine environment editors and scripting tools, including Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of various environment creation tools, as well as popular 3D packages such as 3DStudioMax or Maya
- A proven problem solver with an analytical mind and critical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written and the ability to collaborate within a team-oriented environment
- Experience designing First Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer games
- One AAA credited title on console/PC
- Ability to think of creative solutions to technical limitations of the game engine
- Passion for gaming
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Developing MechWarrior Online ( @MechWarriorF2P ) and MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries ( @MW5Mercs ). http://mwomercs.com or http://mw5mercs.com for more in...