Vancouver, BC, Canada
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Assist in establishing the look of the game as well as creating artwork for the Art team's reference and for promotional & marketing purposes.
- Contribute to the creation of a style guide covering all artistic aspects of the product
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure consistency, quality and focus on the visual target
- Create high quality concept art for characters, environments and other assets and maintain a consistency of an established style
- Work closely with Environment Artists & Modellers to ensure good visual communication and to mitigate any issues that may arise in the creation of assets
- Communicate with both Technical Artists & Animators to help resolve any issues that may occur in translation
- Provide feedback on general aspects of game design from an artistic perspective
- Work with Project manager to establish accurate estimates to ensure on-time deliverables are met
- Excellent traditional art and digital painting skills
- 5+ years of experience in concepting human characters, machinery and environments for video games
- Strong understanding of colour, composition and visual story telling
- Adept knowledge of anatomy, perspective, lightning, architecture and costume
- Post-secondary education in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design or equivalent education and experience
- Proficiency in Art software i.e. 3dsMax, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to adapt to various artistic styles, from realistic to stylized
- Skilled in texture creations, both from photo-sourced and hand-painted
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Participate as a proactive team member to further team and project goals
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as required
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Strong aptitude to continuous learning
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.