Software Development Engineer - AWS SDK for Java
Vancouver, BC, Canada
The AWS SDKs and Tools team is searching for Java experts to help make using AWS seamless and natural for Java developers. This is an opportunity to influence Java developers around the world through SDKs, tools, and more..
If you are:
· Passionate about Java and its ecosystem.
· Thrive in a startup-like environment,
· Strive to get it right the first time, and
· Aim to improve your work with each release,
Then we want to talk to you.
In this role, you will be the voice of AWS in the Java community. You will design and build open source packages and libraries to enable Java developers to harness the power of AWS cloud computing. You will have opportunities to present at conferences and to communicate directly with users of the product you build. Experience contributing to open source Java frameworks is a plus.
Join the SDKs and tools team and help bring the power of AWS cloud computing to the Java community!
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visithttp://aws.amazon.com **
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, (additional 4 years work experience is acceptable in place of a Bachelor’s degree)
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Strong passion for developing libraries/packages that provide a great customer experience
· Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP and REST
· Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· A self-starter who is motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion.
· Experience with other dynamic languages, such as Ruby, PHP, or Python
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.