Associate Quality Designer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Associate Quality Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EAX QV is looking to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role for the EAX Quality Support and Partnership team. You will report to the Development Manager and execute Quality Assurance strategies on assigned features in an embedded environment. You will also oversee multiple different areas/products, defining Quality Strategies, and ensuring your team is set up to perform successfully.
- Provide technical feedback on assigned features to the development, content and publishing teams, be the voice of QUALITY
- You will work in partner with Quality Designers, Managers, and peers to drive change upstream in the development process
- Use multiple testing methodologies on appropriate features/tools, while also analyzing feature sets to find opportunities for automation
- Capture essential knowledge through creation and updating of resources such as wikis, documents, forums, etc. and encourages others to do the same
- Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise
- Work with global teams across multiple time zones to help drive quality experience
- Help drive Bug Prevention and Containment initiatives for EAX QV through feedback loops
- Use a Player First approach while thinking about the Quality our players receive
- Demonstrate creativity, risk-taking, and constant improvements
- Maintain the Quality Assurance pipeline from feature creation through to release and continued enhancement.
- Reduce manual testing through data analysis, automation and risk-based testing
- Bring an operational mindset to the Quality experience
- Develop relationships with senior members of the development, production and design teams
- Understand concepts of defect prevention and defect containment
- Understand the value of automated testing and know how to approach usage.
- Familiar with common automation tool sets, EA proprietary tools are a plus
- Analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and raise potential improvements
- Represent key metrics to partners through reporting and presentations.
- Proficient in PC, Mac, console, mobile and web configuration
- Develop and refine a traceability matrix to understand test coverage
- Experience with Continuous Deployment / Continuous Delivery and its benefits to a live service model
- 2+ Years of Quality Analyst experience
- Influence Live Quality experience by using the Quality scorecard
- Documentation skills and mentoring capabilities
- Inspire, share, collaborate and cultivate ideas to drive towards vision.
- Experience in creating and delivering executive level reporting
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Familiar with automated testing and benefits
- EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.