FIFA - Cinematic Designer
Vancouver, BC, Canada
FIFA - Cinematic Designer
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we seek the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime
The Role: Cinematic Designer
The Cinematic Designer has a background in film and animation and has an eye for quality story-telling. They know how to make a scene feels tense, triumphant, harrowing, etc, just by selecting the right angle and lens. They can recognise the subtle movements that make a character looks realistic and believable and strive to capture that in the animation. The Cinematic Designer can take a script and bring it to life while executing on the Cinematic and Narrative Director’s visions. They are familiar with the cinematic process from previs to polish.
In addition to creative skills, the Cinematic Designer can work in the technical space to achieve the cinematic design goals. The Cinematic Designer can problem-solve and find creative solutions to deliver quality, especially when working with less than ideal content (such as lower-quality source animations or low-res textures).
The Cinematic Designer is expected to work closely with the Narrative Director, Cinematics Director, Producers, Art Directors and the senior designers to realize the feature’s vision.
- Quickly block in cinematic scenes using the game engine with the correct characters and sets and scratch audio
- Create cinematic content, both animations and cameras, in the game engine
- Iterate on the cinematic content based on feedback from many sources
- Background in animation, film or related field
- In-depth knowledge on the language of film and a proven understanding of quality camera work
- A strong technical understanding of industry software, such a game engines and 3d software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to quality
- Ability to take and execute on criticism and feedback
- 2+ years experience in Design and/or film
- Reel and resume demonstrating skills in:
- High quality camera work, composition in film
- Understanding of film process from previs to final
- University degree/diploma in animation/film
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.