Lead Software Engineer in Test
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Lead Software Engineer in Test
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
As part of the EAX Quality Engineering team, you will work with some of the most cutting-edge web and mobile technologies on the market today, while supporting the development team in its effort to release industry-leading features for EA’s Player Network projects.
You will be an advocate for automation and quality as an embedded member of the development team. You will write reliable, high-quality automation tools and scripts that developers rely on every day for the Continuous Deployment / Delivery of features that will be seen by millions of players worldwide.
You will report to the Quality Engineering Technical Director where your daily activities include working on an agile development team, taking part in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, retrospectives and backlog grooming while identifying and filling gaps in test coverage. You will also contribute to your team’s suite of automation tools, while driving the automation strategy towards high-quality product releases. You will support your team’s automation deliverables by working with developers to identify feature changes and new scope, documenting and aligning on approaches for test execution, helping plan priorities, and reporting on the status of projects to leadership teams.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science/related discipline or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test
• Understanding of HTTP, Internet protocols, and RESTful web services
• Excellent knowledge of software testing methodologies and approaches
• Awareness of the different types of testing and their benefits and drawbacks
• Experience with automated testing for modern web and mobile apps and services (using Selenium, Appium, and related tools)
• Aware of the value of documentation
• QA mindset to understand how to approach testing and identify what to test
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Experience working with agile teams with a passion for software testing
• Experience with common development tools such as:
o Git, Visual Studio Code, JIRA
Good to have
• Experience working with React and unit testing is a big plus
• Experience with C++, Web Servers, GraphQL, Firewalls
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment pipelines
• Experience mentoring more junior team members
• Mobile QA experience would be a definite plus
• Knowledge of test-driven development
Software Test Automation
• Take part in the software development lifecycle (daily scrums, sprint planning, retrospectives, backlog grooming)
• Advocate for product quality and keep the development team accountable.
• Ensure that developers are producing testable code / features through regular status updates and collaboration.
• Develop tools and systems to support testing or development.
• Maintain Automation Strategy documents with direction from Technical Leads
• Implement the Automation Strategy to a high standard of quality.
• Test your work and provide reliable, defect-free automation scripts that instills confidence in the automation suite.
• Help set the technical direction for the team and promote productivity improvements to our engineering workflows.
• Present our plans to our partners and ensure that there is agreement on an approach.
• Engage with all of our partners on our goals and strategies.
• Work with partner teams on feature scope, deliverables, and timeline.
• Advise partners on proposed solutions.
• Document all new procedures, workflows, approaches, and goals.
• Set realistic goals and work towards successful completion of our goals.
• Flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
• Demonstrate respect for others’ roles and contributions.
• Identify issues and propose creative and realistic solutions.
• Understand strategic goals and work tactically to achieve them.
• Create clarity from sometimes vague requirements and goals.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.