Software Engineer II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Software Engineer II
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software Engineer - Frostbite Animation
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Frostbite Animation team is responsible for developing tools and runtime technologies to enable the highest quality animation for Frostbite’s developers and users across EA worldwide. We work closely with our game team partners to develop our solutions and work in an agile way.
The successful candidate will be part of a strong team that has passion for pushing technology and supporting teams while having fun. We are looking for an energetic candidate who can quickly familiarize themselves with multiple technologies, is a good communicator, and works well with others.
- Develop high quality tools and runtime technologies
- Follow Agile methodologies as defined by the team
- Follow engineering best practices as defined by the team
- Communicate with team members and those on other teams to ensure speedy resolution of issues
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in C++ (3+ years)
- Recent experience in C# and WPF (1-3 years experience)
- Software development experience with Tools
- Strong technical communication and collaboration skills
- Experience developing on Agile teams
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
Desirable Skills and Expertise:
- Experience developing animation tools
- A demonstrated track record of high-quality deliverables and sustainable development practices including automated tests
- Demonstrated ownership for success of internal customers
- Experience in Maya/Motion builder
Why join Frostbite?
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step in their career working in an enterprise environment with the latest technologies, being mentored by experts in their field. We are looking for a hungry candidate who has experience with the following technologies from either work experience, academic, or passion project standpoint.
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.