Backend Developer- Moat
Toronto, ON, Canada
We help brands and media companies push the envelope on privacy-friendly models of advertising, help them make sound product decisions that involve running fewer ads, help make their ads load faster, fight botnets, and strive to de-fund fake news. Our mission is to help the world's top publishers and marketers make smarter decisions through real-time data. Our analytics and intelligence software is used by Forbes, Condé Nast, Kellogg's, P&G, Spotify, and hundreds of other major platforms and advertisers, and we have unique measurement integrations into Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube. We are a part of the Oracle Data Cloud.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience developing production systems
- You have written production code in one of Go, C#, or Java and one of Python, Ruby, or Node.js
- You have experience with more than one of SQL, columnar or document databases
- You have experience leading the design/architecture of key projects
- You have supported the operations of your systems in production with monitoring and alerting
- You are comfortable giving and receiving actionable feedback to teammates on architecture and code
- You are comfortable structuring deployed code with Linux init systems or container orchestrators like Kubernetes or Swarm
What you'll do
- Scale and productionize newer services
- Moat handles tens of billions of events every day, ingests terabytes of data every day
- Build out major features in Go, Python and PHP
- Improve our unit and end-to-end tests
- Mentor developers across the organization
- Help us transition all services to Kubernetes
- Identify technical debt and poor architecture and find solutions
- Go on call as part of a rotation
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Other Locations: CA-CA,Canada-Toronto, CA-CA,Canada-MONTRÉAL
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.